Saturday, April 5, 2008

Boys and Dirt.....

Okay I was reading on a friends blog the other day about her frustrating day for many reasons...but one was that she had a million kids at her house playing and her house was just cleaned and the juice boxes dripping juice...all the little feet coming through.....anyway I think I wrote a comment about how great it is to be the house all the kids want to play at, that way you can always keep a eye and ear on them..... well I am eating my words now.
Yesterday was my day that there were a million kids over here coming in and out....I went downstairs last night and this is what I saw (it looks ALOT worse in real life too I just couldn't get a picture that showed how bad it is)








Yep that mud goes all the way around!
I kept remembering Shawni's blog post and trying to keep my cool wondering how in the world all the mud is going to come out...I wanted to ring my kids necks. Then thank heavens for this blog...I thought I am going to document this mud.... so I went down and started taking pictures.
Hunter says to me "mom Ryan thinks your crazy taking pictures of the mud..." well Ryan it's better that I am taking pictures of the mud than ringing your necks don't you think????
I guess it comes with having three boys...I'll have to write about the sleep over I got talked into letting them have last night at a later date....seriously why why WHY do I do that to myself????

3 comments:

Jayne said...

we had one of those day yesterday. this was after i had spent 2 hours mopping and cleaning and such. i guess i was preparing for the herd.

sincerely margie mei said...

I always wonder why do I clean every minute of my LIFE so, everyone can mess it up. Girls are a little better then boys(i think). My kids are so busy that no one has time to help, how convenient for them. I keep thinking I am a terrible mother because my kids walk all over me. At least they like me and will talk to me about things. when I was their age I thought my mom was the oddest person alive and I didn't tell her any thing. I guess its okay that they make messes and drive us crazy, at least they like to be home.

ej said...

So, clearly, the messes never end. What a bummer to have my suspicions confirmed. Aly dumped a bottle of the clear/pink nail polish from a french manicure set on Kohen's carpet two days ago. Luckily I got most of it up while it was still wet but man...I was consoling myself with the fact that this was going to pass...how did you get all the mud up???