Saturday, April 26, 2008

Allergies!


Oh my gosh anyone else having horrible allergies? I feel like I want to die! 
I never had allergies until I moved to the east coast.
It is miserable! I can't sleep. All day long I
 am sneezing, my eyes are like a stream of water...
my throat hurts, my head is pounding.... 
Am I a baby? Conwey and I were at dinner last night and he thinks I am being a bit of a baby about it.
(by the way we tried the new American Flatbread place
 that is all organic ...for you Ashburn girls who read this, and it was really good!)
He use to be the one that suffered so badly and then they just kind of stopped for him. 
Nothing works for me either. I can't take Benedryl or I will sleep through a train wreck. I tried Zyrtec. I take Claritin every day but I don't know if it is working. I feel like I need to take 2 of them but it says on the box only take one.
Anyone have any tricks? 
Poor Sienna she has them to. I think it must be the tree pollen because that is what is so high right now.
Okay thanks for listening to my little venting post. 

***Little update since I posted this. I went to the Dr. finally after so many years of suffering and I am wondering why I didn't do it sooner. Oh my gosh just in one day I feel so much better!
If any of you suffer with allergies go get a prescription! It makes a huge difference.

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Jessie! I've always had terrible allergies too, though I seem to be okay with pollen. But, it can be TOTALLY miserable. You are definitely not a baby!

I take Claritin too, though I think the real helper is NaselXrom. It's actually just a saline spray but to me it is so helpful (I never liked any of the other sprays). If I take it as soon as I feel symptoms I feel relief almost instantly and I use it frequently throughout the day. If I already have allergies and I use it to feel better it probably takes about a day to help.

Hope you find something that works!

ej said...

I have such bad allergies too, I feel your pain. It can be SO miserable. I go and get a nose spray from my fam. doc. called Flonase (lot's of brands of the same thing) and I take Claritin too. I have a trick up my sleeve but I will tell you in person.

Paula said...

Jessie, I used to have the worst year round allergies. I always had an attractive crack on my nose from all the blowing. I finally broke down and went to an allergist and got the shots. It totally worked and was worth every stick. Now I don't really have any allergies at all. It is amazing the difference! If what you are doing doesn't work...you should look into it. Sorry that it has been rough for you.