Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sad

Yesterday morning I woke up with the biggest pit in my stomach. I felt so sad it was Labor Day and the last day of summer. Summer is by far my favorite season.
I feel like we were just getting out of school. It just went by way to fast....

We headed down to the pool for the day. It was gorgeous outside. They always have fun games on the holidays. The boys did a tube relay. It was my three boys and their cousin Nicolas. They called themselves the benchwarmers and won the relay...it was pretty funny.

Nicolas

Jackson


Jackson and Hunter

So then we went and got dinner and headed to the mall for some school shoes for the boys...
Nothing like leaving it to the last minute.
We also had Cooper's friend Dylan with us the whole day and night.
It was Dylan's birthday and Coop made him one of the candy bar posters....do you guys remember doing these?



Anyway so we are at the mall. Conwey and Sienna are somewhere and I am with all four boys.
Conwey calls me as we were checking out and said you guys have to come here really quickly.
I was like Conwey it's late, we need to get them all home..blah blah blah.
He insisted, so we headed over. When we got there he is standing with Sienna in a ear piercing store.
Sienna has been asking for earrings for a while now. Conwey has always said no way, until this moment.
(She really has him wrapped around her finger already!)
So then I start to chicken out, but she is excited. We sit her down she has a big old smile and a sucker in her mouth. They did it both at the same time and oh my goodness the scream she let out. She cried all the way down the mall until we stopped for ice cream. Today she is showing everyone her new earrings and seemed to have completely forgotten the pain.


So that brings us to today. The first day of school. I slept horrible last night. You would have thought I was going to school.


Coop and Hunter are now in the I will only wear t-shirts phase.


Jackson will not smile for me EVER!!!

Rachel came and spent the night with us so she could be there for the first day of school and then hang out with me for the day. She is a good Aunt!

Cooper and Jackson walking to the bus stop



Sienna wanted to come to the bus stop too even in her pajamas......she says she wants to go to school to. Oh I can't even think about that day. So Sad!

So now it's Hunter's turn. I can't believe I have a child going into the 8th grade.
He is just getting too big. Another thing that makes me sad.



So I handed him his lunch to put in his backpack and he says "well I might as well get the note out right now.. " Oh my gosh he knows me well. We all laughed as he pulled the note I wrote him out of his lunch. What.. it isn't cool to get a note in your lunch from your mom????
He also didn't want me to walk him to the bus stop. We tried though!


So they are all gone, the house is so nice and quiet! Maybe I am not so sad after all.....

11 comments:

Jayne said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! I can't believe Sienna has her ears pierced. I love it!! I can't wait to see them.
It's sad to see them go. It's never easy.

Love Notes said...

Yeah! How fun that Conway finally gave in. She looks so cute with those pierced ears. Just be careful when she is wrestling around, we've already lost the backs a couple of times.

I hear ya on the knot thing. I didn't sleep for nights before school started this morning, but it seems to have turned out okay :) See you soon! I'll stop rambling now.

amanda said...

Sienna...so cute! I wish I could have seen Conwey standing in the mall with her. Also, okay I know that Hunter is getting so tall but that picture of him with you makes you look like a midget mom. I guess it is in his genes.

Sierra said...

Yeah! Sienna got her ears pierced! I love it. I can't wait to see!

Hannah said...

I bet I'll be one of the moms who puts notes in my kids lunches too...it would be too hard to resist! That's so funny about Sienna and her ears. I don't think Erica has even put it together that she COULD have earrings...I'm sure she will soon enough though.

ej said...

The Benchwarmers- I love it! And Sienna's ears are so cute! I think it is sweet that Conway's giving in was between he and Sienna. Geez, your boys don't really seem like 'boys' anymore, crazy! However you are one hot mama, so I guess it's okay. ;)

The Dimond Family said...

You're such a good blogger. I felt like I was there. All these momentous occasions (ear piercing and school) all in one big chunk. No wonder you're not sleeping. When Royal gets as big as Hunter it will be so bittersweet! He is like a big man giving his teeny little mom a hug. You're a great family!

Anonymous said...

omg sieanna got her ears peirced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Margaret Kay said...

Ahh! Jessie, what a wonderful way for me to see into your life right now. This was a great post. Your kids are growing up so much, and Sienna is so beautiful, as are you! However, you are beginning to look tiny compared to Hunter . . . and it will continue! xoxox

Nichole Barney said...

Cute first day of school pictures! Kiley is in 8th grade. Isn't it weird! Kinda freaks me out! I loved the candy bar poster. Those are the best!

Macy said...

Jessie,

Your kids are so big and old. I cannot get over. Sienna is a darling...so cute! School starting is definitely a love/hate thing..I agree.