Friday, September 12, 2008

Hunter's 14 Today!

Seriously... I can't believe my first born baby is 14 today. How does that happen? It really was just yesterday I was bringing him home from the hospital!
I was such a nervous mom with him...poor kid!

So on the kids birthday's they get to pick the menu for the day. Hunter chose Reese's Puffs for breakfast this morning. (can you tell they don't get sugar cereal very often?)
I told him I would make him scones this weekend when we had the time though.

So then he wanted a smoothie from Roebecks for lunch...I kept asking him if he was sure that's what he wanted so Sienna and I took it over to his school at lunch.

Then he chose one of his favorite restaurants for dinner tonight.



Hunter coming down this morning for breakfast to find some presents along with it. He got a bunch of weights for weight lifting that he had been wanting if your wondering what is on the counter.....


Despite the look on Hunter's face he really was happy to be there. Oh and there is one extra in there that isn't mine...(in case your wondering the one in the black hat) although he is with our family so much he is pretty much just part of the family.....






So after dinner we went and got shakes at Hunter's request and came home to watch a movie because we have 7:30 am football games tomorrow morning...argggg.......
Family party on Sunday.....Friend party next weekend. This could be the never ending 14th Birthday!

10 Things I LOVE about Hunter......

1. He has the BEST heart around!
2. He is not afraid to stand up for what he believes
3. He's funny
4. He's a leader not a follower
5. He talks to me all the time about important stuff and not so important stuff too.....
6. He loves his family (cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncles...everyone)
7. He is patient with his brothers and kind about them copying him
8. He is SO smart
9. He is strong
10. He is good at pretty much everything he tries to do....snowboarding, football, basketball, baseball, swimming, school, church.......

I love Hunter! Happy 14th Birthday!!!!!

13 comments:

ej said...

Wow, you have a 14 yr old- thats crazy Jess! I love the family picture. And I know this post was about Hunter but I have to say you look like you have lost weight, have you??? You look great. Mother of a 14 yr old, psht! :)

Jessie said...

Erin very nice of you to say but I don't think so....not since I have seen you.
But I'll take the compliment anyway! Thanks! :)

Love Notes said...

Happy Birthday Hunter. I was hoping we'd see you guys at football games today. We had 7:15 pictures, but our game wasn't until 9:30. Truthfully, I'm about over Cheerleading. I don't want to have to dedicate that much of my Saturday until I actually have a kid on the team. I'm trying to convince Alexandra that she would rather try it another year.....

The Dimond Family said...

That was the sweetest blog entry yet! And a great pic of you and Hunter.

Nichole Barney said...

Wow that is crazy that you have a 14 year old! You look great for having a child in his teens! He sounds like he is a great kid! Enjoy the celebrations!

sincerely margie mei said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a fun day, I love all the pictures What a cute family you have! I loved the video and the picture of you and Hunter is priceless. You are such a cute mom.

Margaret Kay said...

Happy birthday Hunter! Jesse your picture with Hunter is so wonderful. I'm glad I can view your family party and feel like I am there, just a little!

Oh! And cute Sienna and her ears. Maybe she was protecting her new earrings FROM the doctor! (chuckle)

Dan said...

Hey Jessie, great to see your blog! Craig said he had talked to you the other day. It's been a very long time. You have a beautiful family and you look great. I'll have to drop in from time to time to see how you guys are doing.

Shawni said...

Happy b-day to Hunter! I can't believe you have a 14 year old. you look way too good for that!

And your first day of school pictures...seriously, what a gorgeous neighborhood. Love the green and the brick.

Love the pierced ears.

I experienced the same doctor office screams this morning. Fun times.

Paula said...

I can't believe you have a teenager...14! Amazing. He is so tall too. He is a nice blend of you and Conwey. It is a nice family picture. I guess I'll just say enjoy because turn around and they will all be grown up!

Rachael said...

So, I can't believe you have a 14 y/o. And he's taller than you. You look like you'd be his SISTER! As always, your family looks wonderful. Looking forward to seeing you next week!

Steph Wallin said...

Jessie,
The planets aligned and I actually got on the computer just for fun to check in on friends. Don't ask me why, but I started bawling looking back at your year. Sounds like I'm not the only one with nightly football practices and pads, mouthguards, etc. all over my house. The craziness gets too much for me sometimes. I'm amazed that you document it all. We miss you guys and the "simpler" days back in D.C. when we only had an apartment to maintain and 1 kid. I looooved seeing the pictures of Merry! I taught her in Beehives in the old ward. I have a sister with Down Syndrome, and I recognize that mischief. I'm jealous that you get to see Kory. She's coming out to AZ next week, so at least we'll get together for a minute! I can't believe you have a 14-year-old. You guys look great. I loved the beautiful pictures of your mom. You're awesome and thanks for that bit of inspiration to not just lock myself in the closet and let my 5 kids fend for themselves today! xoxo Steph

Elizabeth said...

So, I'm a little late, but Happy Birthday Hunter. Jess, I can't believe he is two years away from driving and he alread a head taller than you. So crazy. He was 4 when we met you.

I love the picture of your whole family. You are all so darling - Conwey, you know I'm talking to you.