Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Traumatized?

So Sienna had a Dr. appointment yesterday. She was happy and giggling going in and as soon as we walked back and they wanted to weigh her she started crying and backing away. She wouldn't get on the scale or let them measure her. She kept saying I don't want any shots....
So the Dr. comes in and she just starts sobbing and covering her earrings. I kept telling her she wasn't going to get any shots. I couldn't even hear the Dr. over her cries. Then the second we walk out she is totally fine.
Is she traumatized by getting her ears pierced? Any of you out there that got your girls ears pierced experience anything like this? I am feeling bad. Hopefully she will forget about it and not have any long term side effects. :)
Maybe she is just old enough to remember about those mean old Dr.'s and those mean old shots... it was interesting that she kept her hands over her ears the whole time the Dr. was in the room.
She loves her earrings like crazy but man oh man.....







Here is a little clip of Sienna...for family and friends who don't get to see her very often. She's a crazy one...she makes us laugh ALOT around here.

And what about this potty training stuff? She is not showing any signs of wanting to do it. I thought girls were suppose to be easier and faster than boys... Not Sienna! This is about the closest she has come...hmmm who has she been watching? (No that would not be me!)

7 comments:

The Dimond Family said...

So super cute. I'm sure she is fine and won't retain any serious trauma from getting her ears pierced. Some dr's appts are fine and some are wretched. There's no rhyme or reason sometimes. She could not be any cuter!!!

Jayne said...

the first thing my kids asks when they are going to the dr. is if they are getting shots. dr.'s and shots go hand in hand. can sienna be any cuter? i wish i had one. noah and lana would agree.

Love Notes said...

I don't think it is the earring thing. I think she is just at the age where she remembers shots and unfortunately, will always associate the doctor with shots and throat cultures like my kids. Alexandra was and is the same way still. She cries for days in advance if she knows an appt is coming up. She used to be like that at the dentist too, but now love love loves her dentist and jumps for joy when we go - go figure -- even prays for cavities. Crazy kid I know. Andrew was always a sinch and never uttered a word with a shot until he turned 4 and now he whines about going to. Unfortunately for Sienna, she probably remembers the pain of getting her ears pierced since that was her most recent painful experience. But since Alexandra did it two weeks ago, she's convinced two other friends to do it and both said it really wasn't so painful. So this was my long winded way of saying, she is probably not traumatized so don't feel bad :)Hey, let's do a GNO soon.

Nichole Barney said...

Love that picture on the toilet adorable! My kids are the same way at the dr. you never know if they are going to throw in a shot so they are scared. I love how she covered her ears though!

Rachael said...

That picture is PRICELESS!!! (On the potty)

Rachael said...

And, I'm so excited to see you next month!

Paula said...

I finally had a minute to check your blog. The back to school pictures were darling. Your boys look so cool and tough. Boys! I felt sad about the end of summer too. I much prefer it to all the running around I do now. Sienna is adorable. I am sure she will get over her ears soon. Her memory is short at her age. Good luck with potty training! ugg. I would wait until she shows some interest.