Sunday, March 16, 2008

Boys Weekend

So Conwey and the boys had a lot of bonding time this weekend.
They started off Friday night going to a Capitols Hockey Game, they had great seats and apparently a big fight broke out in front of them and the police had to come in and arrest the guy. They thought that was pretty cool.

The Harlem Globe Trotters.....



Then Saturday night we had purchased tickets for the Harlem Globe Trotters. We gave a ticket to Conwey's dad for his Birthday so it was a guys night out for them. They had a blast. I even think it would have been fun to go too, but after a beautifully warm day out, and after multiple baseball practices, a great class at the gym, a really good lunch at my new favorite place called Pei Wei where they had food my entire family loved (which is rare) their brown rice is sooooo good and I got a veggie and tofu dish that was delicious! (Don't knock it till you try it!)
Then trying to convince Conwey that we REALLY don't need the 4,000 dollar weight machine he was eyeing at the fitness store next door to the restaurant (hopefully I won the argument)
then 2 (yes 2) trips to the grocery store...and getting the Saturday Chores done which I am happy to say we have finished up our first week and the boys have done so good! I was happy to hand out their money they earned! Let's hope it continues!
Anyway after all that....I was tired and happy to have a quiet house with just Sienna for the night. We watched a movie (well I watched and she quietly played with her dolls) then she wanted to paint her fingernails and toenails.....how long have I been waiting for this???
It was a nice ending to my day.

I also want to say Congratulations to our great friends Amy and Carter Brown on the birth of their new baby boy yesterday that they named Landon. We are so happy he is here safe and wish we could hold and cuddle him. Why do you guys have to live so far away?

6 comments:

sincerely margie mei said...

How fun for your boys...shhh, don't tell Sam. He would be so jealous. I feel sorry for him, he is surrounded by GIRLY GIRLS.

Love Notes said...

Wow! So much excitement for one weekend. I love Pei Wei too. You know it is owned by PF Changs, right? Did you guys ever eat there in Tysons? So Yummy!

Macy said...

Congrats to Amy and Carter too! I can't believe they already had the baby...was it early? How exciting for them.

Sounds like a fun weekend, Jessie! There is nothing better than a productive Saturday and then a quiet , lounge around Saturday night.

ej said...

The Harlem Globe Trotters- so jealous, that would be awesome. Sounds like everyone had a great weekend...I love it when that happens.

Shawni said...

That does look like fun. Dave would be so jealous about the Harlem Globe Trotters. Hey, how are the chore charts going? I need to get busy with something like that.

Hannah said...

That sounds like a busy day! I'm glad the chores are working well too! I'm sure Erica would love it if I painted her nails but I keep putting it off because I know once i start it won't stop!! You deserve the luxury of your little girl after all your boys.