Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

So we carved our pumpkins tonight (after football, dinner, and homework, we got a late start...) I am telling you it is so nice doing it now that the kids are older because they really dig in and do all the dirty work...getting all the mushy stuff out!
I am really having a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that it's Halloween tomorrow. Wasn't it just Labor Day???


If your wondering what Jackson has on...he raided the Halloween Costume box and was trying all kinds of costumes on. Who knows what he will decide to be.

Everyone had a job they did....Hunter took the tops off, Coop and Jackson pulled out all the guts and cleaned them out, Conwey carved the pictures, and I cleaned the seeds out and made what is our favorite pumpkin carving night treat....roasted pumpkin seeds.....

The Finished Products...


And in case any of you want a little Halloween Sneak Peek here is Sienna in her costume when we went to a party last week.....



Can't wait until tomorrow!

6 comments:

sincerely margie mei said...

Sienna looks adorable in her costume! What a cu-tie pie! I am sad we don't have little kids anymore.....Your pumpkins look awesome!

Jayne said...

too cute. her hair is so long!

Love Notes said...

Fabulous pumpkins! We did our carving too early and the pumpkins got all gross and moldy and we threw them out. We ended up using potato head thingys to decorate last night. Sienna looks 100% adorable. I love those pictures!

Summer said...

jess - we carved our first married pumpkin last night. conwey's turned out a bit better than ours did... what's your recipe for the seeds?

Margaret Kay said...

What fun - there's no one here to carve our pumpkins anymore, so they just sit out on the step whole! I captured a few of your photos for myself too . . . so, so cute!

Jodie said...

I am so happy we got to finally meet and hang out! Send me our email address and I will email you pics from our girl's week!