Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's the Simple things......

So a few months ago our garage door came down on the bumper of the car and well.. we no longer had a working garage door.
In my neighborhood you have to go through the HOA if you want to change anything on the outside of your house. Which I guess prevents purple shudders and such, so in that way I am glad.
I had to approve my garage door though because it was different from what I had.
It took a few months to get approval, then I had to special order my door and today I am so so happy to say they came and installed it. (Even though I had to miss my classes at the gym for it..arggg)
I am so happy and grateful to be able to park in my garage again. We had some crazy rain storms we had to run through while parked outside....and I really really appreciate having a garage.
And I love my new garage door too!
I'm a pretty simple girl I think, and I am grateful for the simple things!

6 comments:

ej said...

It is the simple things huh? I love the garage door, it looks great- I've seen that style before and thought it was cute...that last sentence was to prove I have good taste too, lol.

Margaret Kay said...

Hey Jess, I like your new door . . . but having to get approval from your HOA for a garage door change? I'm afraid I would rather my neighbors put up purple shutters. But that's just me I guess. There was a humorous X-Files episode about a homeowners association for a planned unit development in which folks pay, shall we say, the “ultimate price” for painting their mailboxes the wrong color! Now - a favor, would you take a photo of yourself in front of your house and your neighborhood and where you live? xo

Shawni said...

Isn't it amazing how you kind of forget to appreciate the simple things until you have to go without them?

Love the new door.

Jayne said...

like it jess. that type is my favorite.

Love Notes said...

Love it! I had a great time last night. I'm still laughing about your spread eagle story. I shouldn't have had so much diet coke though - I couldn't fall asleep fOrEvEr!

Paula said...

I like the garage door. The carriage house style is great. I want to see a picture of your house too so I know where to imagine you at! Take one for us! It is the simple things that matter. Rod installed a little drinking fountain on our faucet in the bathroom this morning...makes me so happy!