Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Party Weekend

So my sister Rachel has a really great relationship with all my kids.
She has been planning for a really long time now to have a pumpkin party weekend with them.
They had it all planned out.
So she came up on Saturday and stayed through Monday night.
Saturday we went shopping for what we might need....well it was a little bit more stressful than we had hoped for. Cooper and Jackson tend to get very excited when she is here which ends up with them pretty much bouncing off the walls. And throwing footballs in stores.....
We headed over to the video store to get a scary Halloween video and they came out with Ghostbusters 2... What? I didn't really even like the first one.
Rachel was trying to not get anything too scary.... but.... well..... we didn't even watch it.





So Sunday morning we woke up and Rachel made yummy pumpkin pancakes and I made pumpkin spread to put on them. It was very delicious. Then we went on a long family walk/football throwing completion. Rach can hold her own with the boys!

Sienna's pancake.....


Then we went to church, came home, made dinner, all the while the kids are seriously bouncing off the walls...then we made carmel apples...we were suppose to carve pumpkins but honestly Rach and I were so exhausted from everything we never even got to it.

So Monday morning I made her come to the gym with me....then we all piled in the car and went to the pumpkin farm for the day. It was a gorgeous day out.
Photo by Rach



JacksonCooper and his cousin Nicolas

Amy and Sienna

Sienna was all about painting the pumpkins...I think she painted about 15.....

Hunter trying to convince Sienna to stop painting and go on the hayride.....



Very Tired!
By the time we got back in the car to go home after looking for somewhere to eat for a hour we were so fried. I think Rachel was racing to her nice quiet car, to go to her nice quiet house the second we pulled into the garage.
To be honest I wanted to race there with her.
So then I left too.....

Thanks Remi for getting me to go hang out with our friends in from out of town for a few hours. Boy did I need that girl time!
So all in all I am sure the kids had fun. Something they will remember forever, I think Rach and I will too....next time we plan something it might have to be a sister's weekend away. :)

5 comments:

Jayne said...

sounds like fun. i love this time of the year.

Love Notes said...

looks like you had more fun than I did :) Your sister sounds like a blast. See you on Wednesday night?

Nichole Barney said...

What and awesome aunt your kids have! Looks like a fun weekend. We are on our way to New York and dying over all the leaves. Are you just loving the Fall right now? It seems like it hasn't got to cold yet.

Paula said...

Sounds like a blast. What a great sister you have. Lucky girl! Mine both moved away.

Shawni said...

Wow that sounds like an awesome aunt, and it also sounds like I'd be exhausted right along with you! Those caramel apples are making my mouth water.