Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July

So my Fourth of July started off in the Urgent Care. Fun.
The day before I got what I thought was a bee sting...now we aren't sure if it was that or a spider bite. My finger started swelling a bit but I thought oh that's normal for a bee sting and took some Benedryl.
That afternoon Conwey and I went and played tennis. By the end my finger was getting rather large, itchy, and red.
Our great friends The Lewis' came to town (minus Matt and little Matt...we missed you!) and were staying with us so we were busy and I didn't bother to call the Dr.
Well that night my finger blew up like a tree trunk, was hot to the touch and started moving up my hand....of course it would be on a holiday when there aren't any Dr. offices open so I went to the Urgent Care. They gave me a big old shot in my bum and one in my arm. (not to be a baby but man they hurt!)
Gave me some giant horse pills to take for a week and I am happy to say my finger is finally going down.
Don't know if you can tell from this picture....but it wasn't a pretty sight!
So then Cooper has his All-Star tournament. I know... seriously who schedules a baseball game on the Fourth of July. Men. I think they must think what could be better or more American than baseball on the Fourth.
We have a great family and Conwey's parents, Merry, and Sierra all came. Rachel and Jimmy came too. Thanks guys..that is a nice thing to do on your holiday.
Well they won the game so it was exciting. Coop is in his glory. They played again last night and won too. So now they go on to Monday....we will see.


Coop and his best friend Dylan

So then we usually go to our pool because they do all kinds of fun things for the Fourth but since Coop's team won they all wanted to go out to eat together. So we did that instead.
It was kind of a rainy afternoon too.
So since it was raining on and off we decided not to go downtown for fireworks. Conwey went and spent way too much money on a bunch of fireworks for the kids and they had a blast doing them in front of our house. Our whole neighborhood was lighting them off so we had quite the show. Someone had gone somewhere and got some really great ones that shot off in the sky so we got to enjoy those too.


This is Kate Lewis and Sienna LOVES her! They have been playing non stop since Thursday.

Conwey is the biggest kid of them all. He loves this as much as they do.

7 comments:

Paula said...

I can't believe you had to go to a game on the 4th! Looks like you made the most of it and had a fun day overall! I love the 4th of July.

Paula said...

Oh and Jessie, I am so sorry about your poor, fat finger! That was probaby really painful. I hope it is getting better!

Love Notes said...

Yikes. I'm so glad you are okay. Why is it that sickness or injury always seems to occur on the weekend or on a holiday? Hope to see you soon!

Nichole Barney said...

Ouch your finger! Hope it is better now! Looks like you guys had an action packed day!

Hannah said...

Ouch to your finger, and an even bigger ouch to the shot! I'm glad it's getting better. I wonder what it was? Smart move in getting it taken care of before the fourth! Did Sienna like the fireworks?

Andrew said...

Jesse, sorry about the finger, Now you can see why they call that a "sausage digit". Otherwise looks like a fun Casillas summer.

Andrew

Jessie said...

Andrew I was saying to Amanda how nice it must be to have you live so close to her. I almost called you about the finger to see what I should do.
When I woke up with the "sausage digit" I figured I better get it looked at......