Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is my favorite day of the whole year. Even better than my birthday.
I get a day off from being a mom. (not that I don't love being a mom, but a day off once a year is really nice.)
My day started with what was my favorite breakfast... Fresh fruit (with a little added chocolate, and whipped creme) some soy bacon, a cold diet coke, some beautiful flowers and some of my favorite reading material......great start to a great day. Conwey worked really hard to make my day. Thanks Conwey you're the best!


My sister was able to spend the weekend with us because her husband was out of town. It was fun having her around.
We lounged in our pj's, we watched a movie called Atonement. We went to church...I always love hearing the boys sing for mother's day, then we had dinner with all of Conwey's family. The men do all the shopping, preparing, cooking, and cleaning up. It is so great! Conwey made a really good spinach salad, some yummy grilled asparagus, and he grilled himself and the boys some steaks....his one day to shop and cook and he picks steaks is that telling me something? Am I depriving him? :)
A few pics of the afternoon.....

Thought this was funny of Sienna asleep with her arm up

Sienna loves loves loves her cousins...this is Paige. The girls are so sweet with Sienna. Not sure who served that piece of cake for her, but I am sure they weren't the ones going home with her!


The gang... it was also Conwey's brother Nico's birthday so we were singing Happy Birthday.

Conwey's little sister Merry (she has the awesome plays I was telling about for kids with Down Syndrome) and my sister Rachel

My mother in law Jill...couldn't have asked for a better mother in law!


It's been three Mother's Days since my mom passed away. It is getting a little easier every year but man I sure miss her. I think of her everyday and wish I could hear her laugh.
I always seem to see things in a store and think...mom would love that maybe for mother's day....then I remember. It's kind of weird.
Anyway couldn't put a post up about mother's without remembering my own.

That's my mom and I laying on the floor together.

Some pictures of my mom and dad on their honeymoon.......



My mom...Maureen Milligan Hardie......miss you mom!


7 comments:

Rachael said...

I love your day captured in pics. We are definitely feast or famine picture takers. I can't believe how much your baby picture looks like Sienna; I had to double take!

Love Notes said...

Your mom was gorgeous. I see where you get your looks! I'm glad you had such a great Mother's Day.

Paula said...

It looks like you had a really nice day and you deserved it! I love the cold Diet Coke for breakfast. The pictures of your Mom were nice too. Wow, you sure look a lot like her. I am sure she knows how much she is missed.

ej said...

First of all- I love that your hubby gets you good reading material :) I used to call those my 'smut' magazines until I realized in horror one day what people usually think of when someone says 'smut magazine'..oops. That pic. of you and your mom when you were little? I thought it was you and Sienna at first- crazy! You totally have your Dad's eyes though. I loved seeing the pics of your parents~ the way you are as a mom is a tribute to your Mother every single day, Jess, but this post was also a beautiful way to remember her. Thank you for sharing.

Nichole Barney said...

What a great day! It is so fun to get together with family! I love the old photos of you with your mom. You guys look a ton alike!

Elizabeth said...

Jess, I loved your post. It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. I love the cold DC for breakfast - that's what I got too. (Is there anything better?)

That was a really sweet tribute to your mom and the pictures were so tender. It's amazing to see how much you, Sienna and your mom look like each other. (I'm still convinced that your mom sent you Sienna.)

I'll update our blog again someday. We're going to the beach for the next week, so maybe when we get back.

Love you, Jess.

Vicki said...

I love looking at the photos of your beautiful mother!