Sunday, October 24, 2010

Yummo Popcorn Treat

So my kiddo's and I were wanting to make a yummy Sunday night treat tonight so we made this yummy popcorn treat and it was a hit...the kids said it was the best thing they had ever tasted so I thought I would post the recipe for you all...
I am sure you could make many different variations of this that would be yummy too...




2 bags butter microwave popcorn
1 bag white chocolate chips (Guittard works great)
3/4 cup mini milk chocolate chips (I actually didn't use these)
1/2 - 3/4 cup Heath toffee bits (I used the regular ones and the milk chocolate covered ones)

Pop popcorn in microwave - remove any unpopped kernels. Place in a large bowl. Melt white chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave on 70% power. Cook for one minute, stir the chips, then microwave for another 30 seconds on 70% power if needed. Stir until the chocolate is smooth. Drizzle chocolate over popcorn then gently stir to coat all the popcorn evenly. Sprinkle on the mini chips and the toffee bits. Fold in gently. Spread out popcorn on a cookie sheet to dry.
You could probably make these into popcorn balls really easy too.....

1 comment:

Kristin said...

DANGER! I am makin' this tonight! It is so good to hear from you...I love seeing your adorable family pics.