Monday, October 18, 2010

Halloween Time

October...once I decide to let summer go I end up loving October...fall fills the air...
The leaves start changing in my backyard....


I start baking everything pumpkin...we pull out the jeans and sweaters....and Halloween...

I love Halloween. As the years go by I love it more and more.
The excitement of the kids makes it so much fun. Trick or Treating....it brings back so many great memories of when I was little and my brother and I waiting by the window until it got just dark enough that my mom gave us the ok to go...we would run through the neighborhood with our pillowcases trying to one up each other with the candy.
It wasn't like it is now..the kids go for 20 minutes and their bags are full. We had to work hard for that candy..1 little piece for every house we went to. We would be out for 4 hours! Brings back such great memories!

My neighborhood goes kinda crazy for Halloween too...I mean some of the houses are decorated more for Halloween than Christmas...
Every year I pick up a couple more decorations so maybe in 10 years I will catch up to some of the houses around here.
This year I let Sienna pick a decoration and my sweet little 4 year old picked this...


You might say she has a bit of a dark side.....

She said this pumpkin wasn't spooky at all and she didn't really like it...Ha! Who is she?

She approved of the welcome mat though...

And all the skeletons we have hanging around....


I love this witch...I got it years ago...her face cracked and I have looked every where for one that is similar and I can't find one so she still goes on the door cracked face and all...

My witches feet...I love these feet...I saw them at a store and didn't get them and then I thought about them forever so I had to go back and get them...


And this is my favorite decoration...found it at my favorite store..Marshalls!
I love Marshalls! Nothing beats a great deal!

So with Sienna changing her mind everyday about what she is going to be this year we are still on the hunt for the perfect costume....

Stay tuned!

No comments: