Monday, February 4, 2008

Jackson's Birthday Feb. 3rd 2000

It's Great to be EIGHT!

Well yesterday was Jackson's eighth birthday. I can't believe he is 8! Where do the years go...seriously.
He had requested breakfast in bed and on my kids birthdays I always let them choose the menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Jackson chose scones for breakfast. I decided to be crazy and throw a scoop of icecreme in there....(for those of you that know the way I am, that was pretty crazy hu!)


Could there be anymore sugar in that breakfast??? Gotta love Birthdays!
Jackson said he had been waiting in his bed for us forever....I am sure it just felt like forever. Since he wanted breakfast in bed I told him that meant he had to stay in bed until we came in.
He had probably been awake for 10 minutes before we got there but it was FOREVER to him.
He also got presents and kisses in bed.....


Then after church we had family over for a party/superbowl party (unfortunately for Jackson he had to share his spot light with the superbowl)
He was still excited though...he requested pizza for dinner so we went to Trader Joes (my favorite store) and got a whole bunch of dough...whole wheat, and white...then everyone made their own mini pizza's and chose their toppings.
We had spinach salad (no that wasn't at Jackson's request) and lots of appetizers....
Then we had cake, icecreme, and presents. Although Jackson had only requested cash money from everyone...so that was pretty much what he opened and couldn't have been happier.
He loves to have money in his wallet so when we are out somewhere and he sees something he really wants he can get it. Because we don't really buy anything for the kids except for birthday's, Christmas, and Easter....if they want something they have to buy it themselves or put it on the next holiday's list.

Counting his Loot.....




Sienna couldn't get enough frosting...she would spit out the cake and just eat the frosting.....she got a little more haggard looking as the night wore on...her clip came out..her sweater taken off....but she sure had fun. She is getting so good at saying everyone's names. I love it.
I realized as I am putting this post together that I didn't get any pictures of Conwey's family......my bad.
Well now we are planning for Jackson's baptism. He is very excited....stay tuned.

3 comments:

ej said...

No way he's 8! I can't believe it. And scones in bed? sounds good to me! Sounds like even though his birthday was on a Sun. this year (I hate that) he still had a great day.

ej said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica said...

How fun! I like your requesting-a-meal tradition on birthdays. I like ideas for family traditions.

I know there is always something special about the "baby", but I can just tell you love having a girl. I would have been just fine having a 4th girl, but my boy has added so much to our family. I never knew boys could be so fun. I guess sometimes you just don't know until you have them!

And your kids are so beautiful!