Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Morning-2010

The brutal waiting on the stairs to come down.....




Hunter, Coop, and Jackson's big present this year is that they are getting a sports court put in the back yard. Can you think of a more perfect present for them? They are all just a tiny bit excited.


Sienna's present from Santa...I think I am having more fun playing with the cute pieces than she is!



Sienna got her long awaited Easy Bake Oven from Grandpa Vic...I soooo remember making cakes in mine when I was little. So funny they are still such a hit! I think Cooper has had more fun making cakes in it than Sienna...he's an expert now.




My favorite part of Christmas morning is all the hugs! We hugged after every present when I was growing up and thank heavens Sienna is keeping that tradition going strong....

I love watching the kids shop for each other...thinking of the perfect gifts, then wrapping them, and the excitement as they watch each other open them.

I also loved each of their sweet gifts they gave me. Coop gave me a cute silver heart necklace, Jackson gave me some awesome pajama pants that I love, Hunter gave me a ton of my favorite gum and Sienna she gave me a really awesome bench from Anthropology...hmmm not sure how she pulled that one off since Conwey and I agreed on no gifts this year for each other!


Sienna loved her pizza making Barbies from Holly and Little Jackson....

Hunter actually gets harder and harder every year. He had no list for me this year...I had to guess on everything he got. And fyi because of the sports court we weren't going crazy on the gifts so it made shopping for Hunter nearly impossible...but I think he was pleased...mostly with his 20 bottles of hairspray he got..or maybe his zit medicine Jackson gave him! Ha! I love funny gifts.

J-man's comment to me on Christmas afternoon was priceless to me. He said
I LOVE my life...I have everything I could ever want. Wow...after a month of stressing over Christmas I was pretty happy to hear that one!

Hmmm Coops gifts look strangly familiar...like exactly what he wanted last year...just a different name on the back. He was very happy to get his Rondo jersey.

Jackson was dying for a pillow pet this year....Conwey was like I don't think my 11 year old son needs to be a getting pillow pet...so this was the next best thing. He said he actually likes it better...phew!

Sienna has been longing for these dress up high heal shoes...her 2nd cousin has them and she wears them every time she goes over. I had a heck of a time finding them but finally tracked some down on ebay...phew again! She hasn't really taken them off since.

My sister Rach gave all the kids really sweet and thoughtful gifts...they all loved everything she gave them. The fake blow up tongue was actually fought over...strange. :)

Grandpa Vic sent the perfect gifts for everyone! Just how he knew exactly what they all wanted I will never know! ;)


Really one of my favorite parts of Christmas is going to the mailbox every single day and getting all your cards. I hope this tradition never ends in the electronic world we now live in!


So even though I felt very overwhelmed this Christmas for some strange reason I really really love Christmas time. I love the gift giving...I love the daily thoughts that somehow always turn to Jesus birth...I love the Christmas music...the lights that decorate all the neighborhoods...the baked goods that show up on your doorstep....and just the magical feeling of Christmas Time!
So here's to 2010 Christmas! Till next year....peace out.

(Don't know why I just typed that but I am keeping it in because it made me chuckle.)

2 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! I can't believe it is over and gone and we are back to the regular routine on Monday! It went way to fast for me! Happy New Year!!!!

Kristin said...

Happy New Year! Love your cute Christmas pictures. I LOVE the Christmas cards too. It is so fun to see how everyone is growing up every year. Hope February comes quickly for you!