Sunday, January 9, 2011

The January Blues....

I think I have the January Blues...it always seems to happen.
There just isn't much to like about January...I take my Christmas decorations down and everything seems bare. I find myself looking for new decorations all the time because I feel like my house seems so blah...
It's so stinking cold outside I have to make myself go places because it just hurts to walk out....
There just isn't anything to look forward to..(besides Merry's Birthday celebrations :) and Conwey's too...)
The gym is insanely crowded with all the new years resolution people who take all our bikes, equipment, car spaces and then they are all gone by February...not to return till next January....happens every year!
The kids faces are all so pale that they look almost sick....
I get spring fever and then realize I have like 3 more months!
Tell me what is there to like about January? I would love to know....
I think I need to figure out some fun January traditions to make the month a little more fun....anyone have any suggestions out there?
I defiantly have the January Blues....

7 comments:

veronica said...

We do movie nights with a dessert fondue! Plus being big hockey fans we try to take in as many Capitals games as we can. Good luck and spring will be here before you know it!

Nichole Barney said...

I think you need to move to Arizona! You are a warm weather girl ! :)

ej said...

I am so unmotivated by January that I can't think of a positive thing to say to help. But you are right, January needs something.

Elizabeth said...

Since I have my birthday in January, I would love to tell you that it's the best month of the year, but we both know that's a lie. January is dismal. Good luck getting through it. I'll be thinking of you from here.

Brooke said...

I say put up your Valentine's decorations! I put mine up over the weekend because February is a short month with Valentine's stuck right in the middle, I hardly get to enjoy my decorations before they feel outdated. I say if Target can decorate for V-day then so can I! Although, I must admit January isn't quite as gray and dismal here in Austin.

Chelsea said...

I'm so with you, Jessie. It's terrible. I was just complaining to Mike. Maybe the only good thing about it is that it makes us love summer all that much more. :)

Anonymous said...

Go down to Fl. and visit your Dad!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAA I also loved your post about Conwey's B-day but then I love all your post's...Love ya