Sunday, December 5, 2010

Keepin it Real...

So the other day I logged onto my sweet friend Holly's blog (Happy Birthday today Holl..10 things I love about Holly coming soon) and in her latest post she mentioned my blog and how I never complain or vent..just blog about my amazing family. I can't get it out of my mind and while I so appreciate her sweet words I REALLY REALLY don't want to be one of those blogs that makes life seem perfect and hope I'm not...you know one of those blogs that are like the Christmas Cards making life seem so peachy all the time.

While I am VERY grateful for all the many blessings in my life, it is so far from perfect.

From kids fighting about cleaning their bathroom (ALWAYS A FIGHT) to dirty socks I find all over the house and in the backyard, to worries about my kids, worries about family, my own personal struggles, worries about friends, worrying about the fact that Hunter will only be with us a few more years full time, the black permanent marker that is Sienna's best friend right now...and the evidence of it on the walls, on the pillows, the couch, the table and on the tv screen, the kitchen faucet that has been broken forEVER, the 80 loads of laundry that need to get done each week, the layer of dust that is on my dresser right now, the lists of things that don't get done everyday and I fall into bed exhausted every night then wake up at night worrying even though I know I should be asleep...I worry on the inside...in the middle of the night.
The daily struggles that come with living with 5 other people, struggles in relationships...
I guess that's life and I guess I just figure you all don't really want to hear about all that stuff...if your even still reading this now...life is far far from perfect.


I have been blessed with an amazing family that I love very much...and I am sorry if it appears we have a hunky dory life all the time...cause we all know that is just not Keepin it Real.


2 comments:

ej said...

Well, I for one am shocked that your life isn't perfect. ;)

It's so much more fun to remember the good times though...

HJ said...

AWW sorry Jess. I like looking at your blog because it ALWAYS shows how you put your kids first :) And teaches me so much. love you so much.