Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring and Easter

Well if you live on the East Coast you can understand when I say HURRAY spring is finally here! We had a long long cold winter and I think everyone is so happy for spring this year more than ever!



So much so that I had to go and buy a little spring decoration because I was so happy!

So we almost forgot to color Easter eggs this year...but we remembered in the nick of time!




Sienna enjoyed eating quite a few of the eggs....

So we aren't the most creative group but they looked pretty to us!

On to Easter Morning....waiting on the stairs to come down and see their baskets....so painful to have to sit there and wait!



Sienna went straight for the shoes!


FYI Sienna insisted on wearing that headband down...after a mini meltdown that she didn't like her hair...I am in sooooo much trouble!



Hunter was too cool to go check out his basket with the rest of the kids...so his dad took him down...a wrestling match I am not sure he will win anymore with Hunter's size....

Boys got a batting cage that they were very excited about and lets hope it stops the balls from hitting all my windows!!

Now on to the egg hunt...as I got complaints from all the kids about the Easter Bunny doing it outside last year! They all really wanted it back inside so the Easter Bunny left all the eggs inside...and in some of the eggs this year was cash money...as soon as the boys got wind of that they were all about the egg hunt. There is always a golden egg....none of them could find it! I told them that is why it's called a egg hunt....they actually have to search and if it's for money they have to look hard!
I think Jackson was actually the winner of the most cash....he was on a mission. He is trying to save his money up for a new fishing pole so that was his motivation.

After the egg hunt we had a little of this....

And then we were lucky enough to have General Conference today which was so nice on Easter Sunday. Great talks and my favorite was E. Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk.

Then we had Easter Dinner with the family...fun as always. More egg hunts...and Hunter was gonna participate this time!


And he was pretty excited to find that egg!

Sienna too!


The big cousins were so sweet helping the little ones find eggs...Jordan and Sienna

Nicolas and Sienna

Lana and Sienna

Baby Louisa and Summer looking for eggs to..I think Louisa really needs to find some chocolate and eat it up because she is withering away! :) Oh I love her chubbiness!


Conwey's cute sisters, nieces Paige, Lana, and Baby Louisa.

The guys had a mean game of basketball going on....I don't think they left the court the whole day....

Madie and Drew

Grandpa Ed watchin his grand kids with a smile on his face.

And how stinkin cute is she? Ohhhhh I just love those cheeks!!!

So as I type up this post in my cozy bed right now I am very Thankful today for a beautiful day, a great family, wonderful friends, and Easter Sunday!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are killing me with the green grass and sunshine shots! We woke up to a 'white Easter" this year and our entire spring break was rain and snow. Enjoy your spring... I guess we have a few more weeks to go.

Cute pics by the way! I love your whole family!

ej said...

Fun Easter! I am glad it has FINALLY warmed up a little. Love the pictures of the egg dying and also how the $$$ motivated the boys in the egg hunt, jelly beans only do it for so many years I suppose ;)

Chelsea said...

Jessie! You go all out with your baskets - geez! I remember your Valentine ones too, your kids are lucky! We used to get like one raisin and a jelly bean.

Love your spring decor above the sink. And I love the shot of the kids waiting on the stairs - classic.