Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Reality

So this morning I am running around like I always do in the mornings...getting lunches made, kids off to school, myself ready to go to the gym, and Sienna is still sleeping...I struggle with...do I wake her up? will she be a bear? does she need to be sleeping? I am watching the clock...8:15, 8:20, 8:30...I am so torn. To most people reading this they are probably thinking...what is the big deal it's just a spin class but to me it gets me through my day...helps me be a happier mom.
I know I am lucky to be able to go to the gym everyday and that my body is healthy and gets to exercise. I count my blessings everyday for that.

She starts to stir about 8:40, I am thinking ok I can still get there by my 9:00 class if I really hurry. Well Sienna did not wake up in a happy mood...didn't want to get out of bed... didn't want to get dressed, then didn't like the shirt I put on her...crying the entire time. I feel my blood start to boil a bit watching the clock..thinking now ok if I am 5 minutes late it will be okay. Well it wasn't happening. She was not going to budge...stubborn little thing.

I finally realize we aren't gonna get there in time, and as I sit there thinking about how frustrated I was to not be able to go I start to realize how very blessed I am to have Sienna in my life. How happy she makes me most days :) how she comes with me everywhere most of the time very happily. I remember the blog I have been reading of a lady in my neighborhood who's baby has a rare and horrible cancer. How she has 3 other kids and a sick baby in the hospital. How she has the best most positive attitude about it all. About that poor little baby who is starting chemo and has not 1 but 3 cancer tumors and isn't even 1 year old. If you want to read about him you can go here.

It reminds me everyday how blessed I am in my life. Four healthy, awesome kids.
So Sienna and I had some breakfast together, and we climbed back in bed to snuggle, and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

4 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

This is such a familiar subject. I remember so many mornings wanting to get the gym but couldn't with a child at home and now I have nobody at home and it is still a struggle to work out as much as I would like to. I finally have had to tell myself it is okay. I can only do the best I can right! We should be grateful for what we have and what we are able to do. Exercise does so much for me though. It totally clears my head gets me going for the day. It is hard to find that balance in life!

Jayne said...

sweet post jess. sometimes they just need to snuggle, huh? and when it's over, you're glad they made you do it and you would never change it.

Paula said...

Thanks Jess! I needed that reminder today.

ej said...

This was a great post. It's so hard giving up what we want to do all of the time, but sometimes the alternatives pretty good too.