Friday, November 19, 2010

Colors and Mom


So everyday I drive around and can't believe how beautiful all the tree's are. The colors are so bright!
Yellow, orange, and my favorite red...I look at this tree everyday and I just had to snap a picture because before I know it those leaves will fall...

Fall in Virginia is pretty amazing!


I was thinking about my mom the other day (November 15 to be exact... can't believe she's been gone 6 years) and going back through some of my memories of her.
I just kept remembering when I was little we were driving around and my mom just couldn't believe how beautiful all the leaves were.
She pulled over on the side of the road and we all got out and walked around...we were jumping in the leaves and she had us all stop and soak in the gorgeous fall day and the wonderful colors. I am very grateful for that memory of my little mom. I hope I can pass it on to my kids...

I miss my mom!

3 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

Such a sweet post! I love when the leaves change colors! We don't get that to much around here! I miss that!

Elizabeth said...

I love that memory of your mom. It's such a small thing, but what an impact it had on you. That is such a good reminder to me to do the small things, the crazy things, and to create those kind of memories for my kids.

I can't believe it's been six years either. Thanks for sharing that memory. I love it.

Chelsea said...

Jessie, I love this simple sweet memory of your mom. It's precious.