Friday, September 24, 2010

Time is ticking away..much to my dismay!

I am laying here in my bed so emotional for some reason tonight (yes emotional is a better way of saying it than crying my eyes out!)...maybe because I have been sick the last couple of days and have a lot of thinking time.

Sienna fell asleep next to me and as I watch her sleep I feel so sad. I just really want to freeze time. I don't want my kids to grow up. Is that normal?

Sienna as a newborn....



Coop has always taken amazing care of Sienna since day one...


Conwey took the kids to grab some dinner tonight and my sweet Cooper is calling me asking me what I want to eat. Trying to talk to the guy at the place to get my veggie burger baked, not fried..( I mean who fries a veggie burger! seriously?) when they couldn't do that he called asking if I would want something from Chipotle instead. It just touched my heart that he was working so hard to try and get me something to eat because he knew I wasn't feeling well. Then he brought it up to me on a plate....love him!

Cooper


Coop and Hunter ages 1 and 4


I don't want my kids to grow up! Hunter's been gone tons lately he leaves for school at 8:30 am and the nights he has games I don't see him till 11:00 at night. On the days he doesn't have games he doesn't get home from football practice til 7:00! Makes me sad.
I don't know if these feelings are normal or not. I know I shouldn't dwell on the inevitable but I find my mind just wanders there a lot....and I get so sad.

Hunter

Coop and Hunter


I was thinking about my mom today realizing it's been almost 6 years since she passed away. 6 YEARS! Hunter was 10...Jackson's age. Jackson was 4... Sienna's age.
Where did those 6 years go? I sometimes feel like it was yesterday..then when I try to remember what her laugh sounded like or what her voice was like...remember what her hugs felt like and I can't remember....it makes me so sad. I miss her.

My mom and I....
That's Coop as a baby..so this was about 11 years ago.....

And then we have my sweet, crazy Jackson.....




Rach has always had a special relationship with Jackson...and all the boys...they adore her.

This is when he was 4 and broke his leg snowboarding...

I really feel like all these pictures were taken yesterday...

So for now I am going to cherish these days while my kids are the ages they are...and still love and want to be with me. I know it probably won't always be like this so I am soaking it in today.

Sorry for the emotional post...just had to write these feelings down. Especially before tomorrow comes and they are all fighting and driving me crazy. :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love this post! I have had the exact same feelings recently. I turn around and another year is gone and my babies are no longer babies. :(

Yes, we moved to Seal Beach in August. Mark is working in Long Beach and we live about 20 minutes south in Orange County. I love the warm weather, but man, there are a lot of people here.

Hope you are feeling better, babe!

ej said...

Don't apologize. I don't even want to think about how quickly this is all happening. Your kids were the most gorgeous little kids btw- not that this comes as a surprise :)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jessie.

Elizabeth said...

Such a sweet post Jess. I feel the same way about my kids - it just goes by way too quickly.

Looking at those pictures of your kids was like a time machine. That is how I remember them - especially Cooper. He was the cutest baby when we met you and I will never forget the way Conway carried him into church on his shoulder. It does feel like yesterday.

It's good to have those tender moments - they get us through the crazy days. You are a great mom Jess - a tribute to your own cute mom.

Love you Jess!