Sunday, September 19, 2010

First Days and Football...

So I haven't even posted any pictures from the first day of school yet....as you all know we weren't ready for school to start....so the first day was sad sad sad.....
Jackson is in his final year of Elementary which is crazy to me. He was in 1st grade when we moved to Ashburn.


Me: Jackson please smile..just one smile...
Jackson: There is nothing to smile about..its the first day of school.

I got a little one...
Me: Oh no Jackson there's the bus...RUN!!!!
Jackson: Nooooo seriously...on the first day!


There it goes...

It's a good thing the bus driver knows Jackson well...

She will make a special stop just for him...


Phew...he made it! Way to start off the new year! :)

Coop: Mom stop right there! You are not following me to the bus stop this year!
Me: Coop I am just gonna go to the next mailbox I promise
Coop: NO!!!! You are not doing that again this year! SERIOUSLY STOP!
Me: Dang...it worked last year...next year I will have to get my long lens out!

Me: Bye Coop...sniff sniff....I love you...I will miss you today!

Hunter: MOM What are you doing?
Me: Just taking some pictures on the first day of your Sophomore year...
Hunter: You are NOT following me to the bus stop!
Me: Geez what is with you guys...there's nothing wrong with me following you to the bus and taking pictures...
Hunter: MOM I AM DEAD SERIOUS...STOP RIGHT THERE.
Me: oooooookkkkkaaaaayyyyyy (Yelling as he walks down the street...) I LOVE YOU HUNTER! HAVE A GREAT FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
Hunter: silence...pretending not to know the crazy lady yelling down the street to him...

Good thing I get to go home to this cute face that still loves me and lets me take pictures! Love her!

We decided to start a new tradition of going to get ice creme on the first day of school as well as the last day of school...the kids seemed to like this new tradition....

Rach was up for the day and she liked it too...



Baby Hudson wants to know where his ice creme is....

So then we were off to Hunter's football game...funny they had one on the first day of school but he was glad not to have to worry about what to wear to school on the first day..just his jersey.


Hunter #78

Hudson wasn't quite sure what to think about his first football game...

Jackson and Sienna... we love when friends come to the games!

Hudson liked his 2nd game a bit more in the comfy arms of Holly....and while it looks like Rach is holding a small baby..that's just her burrito don't worry! ;)

While we miss summer time so much we love football games...at night...under the lights...with hot chocolate and popcorn...and spending time with good friends and family! It's a good thing because we have PLENTY more football games to go.

Jackson- The Hokies
Cooper- The Rams
Hunter- Briar Woods Falcons!

Stay Tuned......

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Great post! I love the back to school first day pictures. Matt was up so early for seminary, I didn't even get one of him this year! Love your CUTE kids!!

Nichole Barney said...

Cute pictures! Why do boys hate pictures so bad? I can't get mine to stop for one second! You have such a cute family! Are you as scared as I am with these teenagers driving around! It freaks me out!