Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Really?

My baby...my first born...just turned 16 years old. I am so not sure how that has even happened because I swear it was YESTERDAY I was 16. I should feel so happy he has grown into such a awesome young man but I just feel sad. I only have a few more years with him.

Hunter is a hard one when it comes to birthdays and Christmas...he doesn't ever say what he wants to do or what he wants for presents. This year was a bit easier in that all he has been wanting for months is the new iPhone 4...he has been dreaming about getting his little hands on it so I knew we had a good gift for him. Although I think I had him freaked out he wasn't going to get it. He kept saying BUT ITS ALL I WANT! Other than a car..which I keep telling isn't going to happen especially because he doesn't have his licence yet.

So we planned a mean basketball game with all his cousins and uncles for him which he loved....and we had a family BBQ for him. Not quite the sweet 16 party he sees on MTV but he was still happy...easy to please...Cooper will be my child that wants that sweet 16 party! Ha!

He woke up to scones for his bday breakfast...

and lots of hugs...


You wouldn't want to think that they might actually love each other..could they hug any farther apart?




Nicolas...best baby holder ever!

Jimmy and Taylor no doubt talking politics...

Jman

Nico and Sierra

Hunter and his cousin Micah...they have been best friends since birth.

Grandpa Ed...don't think he could love Hunter anymore than he does...such a great grandpa!

Aunt Rachel who has been around Hunter his whole life...one of the best Aunts Ever!

and a very tired looking mom...who loves Hunter more than anything..(and cute baby Hudson)

So my 2010 10 things I love about Hunter...

1. He has the best laugh ever
2. I KNOW I can completely trust him at all times to do the right thing
3. He is a mac/apple GENIUS
4. I love how he always gives me the 10 minutes after picking him up from somewhere on the way home telling me everything about his day or night out
5. He is a great example to his brothers, sister, cousins, and whole family
6. He is a great athlete
7. He gets straight A's even in his honors classes
8. He isn't the best cleaner (like shoving everything in his closet when he is told to clean his room) but when he decides to really clean he does a great job
9. The older he gets the more I love to just hang out with him
10. He is really really funny and makes all his friends laugh all the time

Hope you have the best year ever! Free to date up a storm! Have Fun! I love love love you Hunter!

4 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

Wow Sixteen! Time flies doesn't it! Kiley is turning 16 soon too! So weird!

Paula said...

Jessie!!! I can't believe Hunter is 16! Happy bday to him. Looks like you threw a great party and he sounds like a wonderful kid from your list. Hang in there Mom...they just keep growing up don't they? Love ya friend!

Chelsea said...

Happy birthday Hunter! Jessie, it's so amazing that you have a dating-age child on your hands! I know it's going to blow my mind when it happens...

Love seeing your extended family, they are beautiful. And you are so beautiful.

Elizabeth said...

Jess,
I can't believe Hunter is 16! How did that happen? (If it's any consolation, you LOOK like you're 16.) Hope Hunter had a great day. He is such a great kid.

Love you.