Monday, February 15, 2010

V-Day 2010



I am not the biggest fan of Valentines Day...I just find it stupid and cheesy.
I don't need a day to tell the ones I love that I love them...but with that said it's always fun to get a good little gift. I know last years gift of a toilet seat is hard to beat but Conwey did pretty good this year. A cute skirt from J. Crew...some chocolates (too bad I went off sugar 3 weeks ago! ) and a couple of other items I won't write about on a blog...if you know what I mean!

I do think it's fun to get little treats for my kiddos and Conwey then at some point during the day I always leave it on their beds for them to find. The scream from Sienna when she realized what was on her bed was hilarious! I wish I had it recorded....needless to say she was very excited to walk in her room and find this....


And the boys didn't let out quite the scream but they were happy about their treats too...


We spent some time working on Valentines Boxes....Jackson made a box for his teacher.....Coop wasn't sure what he was doing with his and Sienna knew she wanted to keep hers although it did cross her mind to give it to her friend Jackson because he gave her a doll.....


So on Valentines Day we were invited over to some friends house and we had a fun Valentine meal of all our favorite foods....there was a yummy salad, taco's, home made mac and cheese, steak, won tons, and Conwey made his yummy guacamole. We had quite the arrangement of foods....then we made cookies and frosted them...planning to take them to people but unfortunately they never made it to anyone else... besides the kids bellies! It was a great way to spend Valentines Day!
Now if we can just make it to spring time I will be a very happy girl!

No comments: