Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Birthday's...not what they use to be

So I have been meaning all month to do a Birthday post seeing as my birthday was March 4th...I am a bit behind.
You know I really don't look forward to my birthdays anymore and the older I get the more I just want to skip the whole thing....
So this year was just a really weird birthday. 
I woke up after having crazy dreams all night long about my mom...they seemed so real. I wondered if it was her way of saying Happy Birthday to me. :)
I woke up super emotional though, which is never a good thing. Then it was just kind of business as usual. Getting up, making kids lunches, kids off to school....just the norm.  
I drove to the gym still crying about my mom then my brother called and I cried even more...love you Wade!
So then I got to the gym and my sweet friend Carmen had decorated my spin bike for me and the guy at the front desk thought he would be funny and write Happy 40th on it...I am sooo not 40 yet! 


So then my sweet friend Julie came to the gym and picked up Sienna for me so I could have the afternoon to myself which really...there couldn't be a better gift!
So Carmen and I spent the afternoon shopping...so much fun.

Carmen (sorry I cropped out her husband because I stole this picture...)We didn't take any pictures on my birthday.....


Then the kids got home from school and it was back to the norm...homework, practices, etc.
Then lucky me...Jackson had his school play that night. So I spent the evening in the school gym watching a sweet rendition of the musical Rats.
I know...seriously....could I have loved being anywhere else as much? :)
Then Conwey and I went and grabbed dinner at Sweet Water Tavern and then home to bed...
It really was a weird birthday. We did have icecream cake too.....
I was so emotional all day long. I think I just needed to go to sleep.

Anyway before my birthday I was able to go out with my sister Rach for a night..she was out of town for my actual birthday so we went out shopping and to dinner before.
It was lots of fun and she treated me to a yummy dinner at Cheesecake Factory.


So then this past weekend my great girlfriends took me out for a very fun evening filled with pedicures, dinner at Coastal Flats, and a movie. It was a lot of fun....













So thanks everyone for a great birthday....well as great as a birthday can be these days!

7 comments:

ej said...

I'm sorry your actual birthday was a bit lack luster and emotional- But the birthday party later- so wish I could have been there! I loved the pictures and seeing so many girls I miss. Looks like so much fun. Glad it turned out well.

Margaret Kay said...

Hey Jess, wish we could have given you a hug for your birthday. We were out here celebrating Josh's birthday too!

Paula said...

Jessie, I am sorry about the emotions of your day. That must have been rough. Looks like a lot of people really love you though! Wish I could have celebrated with you. Happy belated Birthday!

sincerely margie mei said...

Jess, I am sorry your birthday was full of tears! looks like you made up for it with a fun friend party. I am glad you have a lot of good friends who love you. You are right , birthdays aren't what they used to be!! I hope you have a great year with lots of happy times.

Shawni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jessie! I agree, b-days aren't what they used to be. But it looks like you were surrounded by many people who love you!

Our friends are moving to Leesburg. I want them to get to know you guys! I know they've been in touch with the Browns so hopefully you'll connect. I love it here and I really would never trade it, but I can't help but get a twinge of envy that they're moving there...I miss it!

Kari said...

That was such a fun night and my toes now look good enough for spring break in the sun. Glad you found my blog. It's mostly an idea/craft blog I try to keep up for my business. Not very personal, but still kinda fun. Feel free to link away!

Macy said...

Jessie,

Happy, Happy Birthday. Sounds like your somewhat weird day fell right into place. It also looks like you have some great friends. Seriously, sometimes I miss VA so much. I need to come back for a visit.