Monday, January 7, 2008

Hunter's Dinner

Last night Hunter had a assignment from his home ec class at school. His homework was to plan a menu, go shopping for the food, prepare the food, set the table, and clean up after. 
Can I just tell you how much I love this teacher!
While the other boys teacher's assign projects that quite honestly I wonder who it is more work for the kids or the parents....I do not like those projects... I tell my kids I already went to 4th grade!
Anyway Hunter made a wonderful meal last night for everyone. Conwey took him shopping for everything on Sat. night so I really didn't have to do anything. What a nice treat.
He made cheeseburgers (of coarse he says he will make a really good salad for me since I don't eat the cheeseburgers.) Now my little Cooper is following in my footsteps and I didn't do a thing to him I swear. He won't eat meat. They boys all tease him he is a vegetarian he doesn't care..it's kind of funny.
Anyway so the food was made, table set, and we all had a wonderful meal. He even made us dessert! Delicious! 
I wish I would have taken a picture. Thank you Hunter!
I asked him if we can do this more often and he looked at me with a very tired look and said this is a lot of work mom. (Don't I know it Hunter!)

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Lana always tells me she doesn't want to be a mom because it's too much work. All kids need to experience what we do everyday. Ceily wont eat meat either. Gotta love them!

ej said...

If Hunter's teacher assigns him to do this for someone other than family, can we be first on the list?