Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas Morning

Christmas Morning at our house....
Well Christmas was a success. I am always amazed at how fast it is all over. You work so hard all month, the hours spent shopping, and decorating, and baking...etc...
Then in about 1 hour it is all over.


Here they Come.....

They were very excited with the new Wii....even I think it's fun.

Hunter was shocked and thrilled with his new cell phone. He didn't think he would be getting one for a while. I'm shocked I was able to keep it a secret!


And his new Camera that goes on top of his PSP....he and his friends love to make movies for U-tube. It's a whole new generation isn't it!

Cooper loved all his Boston Red Sox stuff. He is their #1 Fan! Especially his Red Sox Chair for his bedroom.

Jackson...he wanted a bike. Which he got but I think he was more excited with his Redskins watch, calendar, and sweatshirt. He is always hard for me because he is only 7 but with his brother's around he has grown up a lot faster.


I didn't think Sienna would get the whole present thing but she really did. She loved the whole morning. As you can see....

Conwey was so happy Sienna liked his baseball bat he got her. I asked him why a baseball bat...I mean really... can't he just let me have my girl!

Conwey was happy with his presents and you know how I know how. He actually opened the boxes and took them out. I was so happy, he is hard to buy for. He loved his new GPS system and I am not sure who was more excited about his I-pod touch...Conwey or Hunter. (It has been in Hunter's little hands since Christmas morning)

I was happy with my new camcorder...that I was looking forward to putting a clip or two on this blog with it, but unfortunately it isn't compatible with our Mac computer so we have to take it back and get a different one. Hopefully you'll get some clips soon.
I also loved my gifts from Tiffany's. Good work Conwey.

Then I made my usual monkey bread that I make every Christmas morning. I also made real bacon and of course my soy bacon..happy to say my kids ate more of the soy bacon then the real stuff.
We lounged around in our PJ's for most of the day. I love Christmas morning, everyone is so content and busy with their new stuff. We all took turns playing the Wii. Then around 4:00 we got dressed and had all of Conwey's family over to exchange gifts, this really takes about 3 1/2 hours to do. We have to take a little intermission and get some snacks during it. I have to say everyone is always so thoughtful in their gift giving. My camera ran out of battery so we only got a couple of pictures of the crew. We actually brought all our living room furniture in too...it's such a big group! I love all of them!



I love Christmas! It is so fun to be with family and good friends. I love getting all of your Christmas cards in the mail. I love all the nice goodies we got, and thoughtful little gifts you all gave us. Thank you!
The one thing we didn't make it out to do this year was go and see the Temple lights. I am so sad about that. The month is so crazy and with the traffic getting out there it is tricky, next year it is going on the top of my priority list.
Merry Christmas!

9 comments:

The Carlsons said...

What a fun morning at your house! I totally know what you meaning about it being over so fast. At least going to see family later that day makes it a bit longer!
Thanks for all the great comments about my party! I'm glad that I did it again this year. Lets get together in the New Year!!

ej said...

It is always a bit of a let down isn't it? The effort/time/$ vs. reaction/appreciation always seems a little unbalanced. But it is so worth it to see their faces. I cannot get over the picture of Sienna blow drying that dolls hair!! Too cute.

Love Notes said...

Okay, so I love the wii too. Andrew and Alexandra got a Wii from Santa and I think I play it as much as they do. I think tennis is my favorite right now.

Hey, let's do a girls' night dinner soon!

Erica said...

Loved hearing about and seeing your Christmas! I am always torn when Christmas is over--I am usually excited to get the new year going and that all the hussle and bussle that goes along with the holidays is over with, but at the same time I am sad that it's gone for another year!

Rachael said...

It looks like a beautiful Christmas! And totally know what you mean about gifts out of the boxes. Hope all is well.

Nichole Barney said...

Hey Jessie how are ya? It was so good to hear from you. What are you doing in Virginia? Your family is so cute! You have one little princess like we do.
Denny does keep in touch with Todd. They have four kids. Just had twin girls a year ago. It was funny to think back to our tough college lives. What should we do tonight? Hum! Life is a little different now but we are happy and good! It will be fun to keep in touch! Happy 2008!

Hannah said...

Our kids really are part of a new generation! There are so many cool gadgets to choose from that do great things. Sounds like everyone got some awesome stuff...I want an ipod touch! Since Erica is the youngest, we had to "speed" her up a little because she wanted to get EVERYTHING out of the box when she opened it, and so we were opening forever! I'm sure that will change next year!

By the way, I came to your blog through Erin and Erica. Hope you don't mind! Feel free to check ours out. http://web.mac.com/smautz

Happy New Year!

sincerely margie mei said...

Your Christmas looked fun!! We miss having little ones around especially at Christmas time. We haven't stopped playing the wii since we got it Christmas morning! Guitar Hero all the way baby! seriously, I have almost had a breakdown over it. It is so darn hard.

Macy said...

Jessie,

What a fun Christmas you all had! Conwey, nice work on all the Tiffany loot. What a guy! BTW, your house looks so nice. Thanks for your cute Christmas card.

Macy