Friday, February 25, 2011

Sports Court...

I know! I know! I have been horrible about blogging lately....
Too much always going on and I fall asleep with out even finishing my show at night these days!

So February is almost over...wooooo hooooo!
Spring is right around the corner and we are so ready. Shorts and flip flops can't come soon enough...but that also means baseball season is here so mixed emotions.
Jackson has decided to branch out from his brothers and not play baseball this spring, instead he is giving Lacrosse a try. I am super excited about this and think I will love Lacrosse...now only have to sit through 6 baseball games a week instead of 9.. Ha!

So the boys got their Christmas present..the sport court is in and they really haven't come off it since it went in. The doorbell hasn't stopped ringing either....lots and lots of little boys. As long as they are outside I am soooo fine with it. It's things like today when I walk downstairs to the basement and there is a trail of muddy footprints going from the sport court to upstairs....arggggg. I put a very large sign on the door that says TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES BEFORE COMING IN! We'll see how well it works...

So here was the process...





The boys loved this..the cement trucks put the cement in from the front yard..it stretched that far.





Rain and all...can't get them off of it....


So now we are waiting on Landscapers to come in and tell us what to do to get rid of all the mud and make things a little prettier back there...they sure made a mess of the yard. Worth it though....best Christmas present ever...they will play on it every single day. Much better than having them sit and play video games....not that there's anything wrong with video games! :)

3 comments:

Love Notes said...

Amazing! So the association approved it. Very cool. I can't tell... do you still have yard back there or does the court cover the entire thing? I'll have to come see it.

Paula said...

This is awesome! I love boys playing happily outside...they come in happier when they are tired! What is the surface on the court? Hire me to come out and I bet we could come up with lots of ideas to landscape your yard! Wish I could come see you all :)

Chelsea said...

How cool is this??? Oh my gosh, I bet they are just loving it! Even the buildling process would have been fun to watch.