Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dinner

I don't know how many of you know this but I HATE cooking! I really really hate it. I wish someone could invent a pill we could take so we don't have to eat.
I hate thinking about what to make, I hate shopping for it, bringing it home, putting it away, cooking it, and then every single person in my family telling me it's disgusting unless it has cheese in it!
Don't get me wrong I love a good salad that someone else prepares for me, or a good cookie. I even like to bake, but I really despise cooking. I don't think I will ever enjoy it. I even put my music on and try to like it, but I don't!
So I need help...I need new recipes that kids and husbands love that are quick and easy. I think Conwey and the boys are starting to wonder if they will ever get a meal that isn't from a Trader Joes bag again. But that seems to be the only way they ALL don't complain....
If anyone out there has a favorite dinner I would LOVE to hear it!!!! Please help meeeeeeee.....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nichole Barney said...

I hear ya! I have spent the last 3 hours in the kitchen. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it! I have a few favorites my kids like. Give me your email and I will send them to you!

Virginia said...

I wish I had anything to share with you other than that I feel your pain. I used to like cooking, but my kids have very simple taste (read: chilimac- gross!) and I get so tired of trying to plan & prepare. If I am home at 5 o'clock the last thing I want to do is cook. I say forget about dinner and put your efforts into making that pill- I'll buy a bottle ; )

Chelsea said...

Hahaha! Jessie, I totally agree. I HATE preparing food. Always have. And who knew there would be so much of it in a lifetime? It's like, every person has to eat every day at least THREE times. It's crazy. Food, food, food...so boring.

We had these friends in Provo - Mason and Niko. Mason told us this story of how Niko cooked a dinner and served it and Mason said, "Hey, I think this is a little salty" and Niko silently marched over to his chair and picked up his plate and scraped it into the garbage and went upstairs. I've always kept that in my back pocket and if I ever hear one word from anyone, in the garbage it goes. Luckily Mike does most of the cooking anyway.

Anyway, as to your problem of what to cook, we do a lot of sauteed vegetables over rice. Zucchini seems to be a favorite. I say keep it as simple as possible and maybe twice a month cook something special. And you know what else? People who complain can start doing some cooking and meal planning.

The Dimond Family said...

Spinach Enchiladas Verde

Original Recipe Yield 6 servings

Ingredients:

1 cup light sour cream
1 (7 ounce) can green salsa
1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 (10 ounce) package corn tortillas

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
In a small bowl, stir together half of the sour cream and the green salsa. Spread enough to coat the bottom into a 9x13 inch baking dish. On each tortilla, spread a small amount of the salsa and sour cream in the center. Lay a small handful of spinach over that, and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Roll up, secure with a toothpick and place into the baking dish. When all of the tortillas are in the pan, pour the remaining salsa over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the enchiladas are browned and heated through.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.