Saturday, December 19, 2009

Here comes the SNOW.......

So it doesn't snow very often here in Virginia...but once in a while we will get a little.
But today we are suppose to be having a blizzard...they are calling for 22 inches....22 INCHES!
We may be snowed in for a while.....I went to the store and got all my stuff for holiday baking, we rented some movies, we have a gingerbread house we are going to make....if we are still snowed in after that you might need to get me a straight jacket.
I will keep updating the pictures as it builds up....

This was the beginning last night......

This is what we woke up to this morning.....


This is how I like to be in the snow....from my window....with some hot chocolate.....a fire going......the smell of cookies. I'm obviously not a cold weather person. Wish me luck snowed in with 4 kiddos and a husband for the next few days! :)

Updated picture 12:30pm

Sienna went out and it was so blizzardy she wanted goggles...these were all we could find....

Sienna was having a rather difficult time walking in the snow.....More like Conwey pulling her along....

Getting on her first snowboard....


She lasted about 10 minutes....she is sure my daughter!
Will update more soon.....

Hunter (just for the record I wasn't on board with this!)

Cooper
I missed taking a picture of Jackson...


Updated 6:00pm and still snowing!

This is what i have been doing all day.......

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am so jealous! I love those big DC storms. Andrew and I still talk about the big one from 2003 when Andrew built a ski jump in our yard at Colonial Village. Stay cozy!

Nichole Barney said...

I love when it is all white like that! It was 75* here today! I am a little jelous of the wintery white Christmas just not the freezing cold!

ej said...

Oh my gosh Jess! This is crazy!! I can't believe those pictures of your deck! It's been a week since you posted this, are you still snowed in? Those treats looks so yummy :) And yes, Sienna is definitely your daughter ;) she makes a cute snow bunny though...