Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Trees....

So it is a true miracle at our house when we have our Christmas trees and are all decorated before December 1st! We seem to always run late with getting our trees because of all the craziness with sports. So this year I decided I really really want to have the spirit of Christmas and not be the bah humbug girl I was last year.
I told Conwey the day after Thanksgiving I thought we should go get our trees and he looked at me like I was crazy. After explaining to him it was the only weekend we had without sports he agreed to go.
He LOVES to go and cut down the tree at a tree farm. It seems every year it always ends up disastrous and everyone is fighting and mad. So I gave him a lot of grief this year about doing it since he is the ONLY one who likes it. I said can't we just go to Costco or the corner lot. They have great trees and are so much cheaper. He said Jess this is one thing I really love please just give me this...so like a good wife that I am :) I gave in.
I will say that we had a lot of fun this year....no big fights....and it was a beautiful day outside. And bonus....because we were so early they had TONS of trees to choose from.

(sorry if you have already seen some of these pics on facebook)



Hunter starts it off....

Coop

Jackson


Even Sienna had a turn...

I finished them off.....with a big TIMBER.....ha.....

Hunter did a great job pulling that big old tree....

Coop and I pulled this one together....and if your wondering where the heck Conwey is...he claims he can't because of his knee surgery! Nice! ;)

On to the decorating...if you notice Sienna...that is pretty much all she did....dance to the Christmas music...not so interested in hanging ornaments or pretty much anything...except dancing.....



The finished products...The Living Room Tree......we had to cut so much away to make them fit they aren't nearly as big as they were on the tree lot.....kind of sad.


Great Room Tree.....
Now I really do think I am going to enjoy this season so much more. Except I haven't even thought about my Christmas Cards yet....ahhh one step at a time!

5 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

I love the smell of fresh christmas trees. I had to give that up when I moved here. They dry out in a few days. I am jelous of your fun tradition!

Paula said...

Your house looks so pretty and festive. My house is decorated...but no tree yet. Things keep coming up and we don't get out to buy one. Hopefully tonight. I love that Sienna just dances and dances. What a girl!

Shawni said...

LOVE the trees adn LOVE that you get to cut them down and have them so fresh. I'm sitting here breathing in the nice scent of christmas trees via my Christmas candle since I don't get to get a real tree since they are dead by the time you get them here in the desert.

I love your stockings. I need some like that. Where should I go get some??

Thanks so much for addign the button on your sidebar! I think you may not have gotten the corrected address to link it to because it doesn't do anything when I click on it (I put the wrong address on my blog but now it's changed and right). It's ilovelucyproject.blogspot.com.

Anyway, thanks again...you're the best!

Margaret Kay said...

How beautiful . . . and TWO trees . . . gosh! We have a scrooge house here. Sienna is just a doll.

Macy said...

Jessie, Your house looks amazing. Love the trees, and I am so impressed Conwey goes and cuts it down every year. That is devotion...what a great thing. Merry Christmas you guys!