Saturday, October 31, 2009

Kitchen Cabinets....

So people have been asking me to post some pictures of my newly painted kitchen cabinets...so let me first start by saying that I am a huge kitchen person. When we were looking at houses the first thing I would look at was the kitchen.
The first time I walked through my house I liked the layout of the kitchen and the openness of it with the great room, but I HATED the cabinets with a passion. I have hated those cabinets every single day since.
We just so happened to buy our house at the worst time before the market went down so back then it was defiantly a sellers market. We had to decide if all the other things we liked about the house would compensate for the few things we didn't....
I can't believe I have waited 3 yrs to paint them but we finally got them painted and I LOVE them!! It's amazing to me what paint will do! I feel like I have a whole new kitchen. For some reason my camera wasn't taking good pictures so I couldn't tell if you could see it better during the day or at night...so I put both.





Now for what it looked like before....ready.....

Seriously...paint is amazing!
Halloween post coming soon.......

8 comments:

Jayne said...

love it jess! hope you had a great halloween. can't wait to see pictures.

Chelsea said...

Amazing Jessie! I'm so glad you posted pictures. The cabinets look fabulous, seriously! I'm such a sucker for white kitchens, anyway. They look so clean and timeless. Love it!

Elizabeth said...

Jessie, I love the new cabinets! They make a huge difference - and really lighten up the whole area. Now your house really is PERFECT!

We'll have to come see those cabinets in person really soon. Miss you. Hope you had a great Halloween!

The Hardie Family said...

Hey Jess, your house is beatiful! I loved all the blogs of the kids and their school days. I can't believe how big and handsome the boys are. Sienna is a doll, I wish the girls could all play together, too. They would have a great time. Miss you guys!

Paula said...

Looks fantastic! I can't believe the transformation. You are amazing!

Erica said...

I love it! I want to paint our cabinets a cream color, too. It really did make a difference, your kitchen looks so much warmer and like a gourmet kitchen now!
I'd love the name and number of your workers.
Thanks for posting!

Perley Family said...

Jessie your kitchen looks amazing!!! I can't believe what a little paint can do. It is beautiful...now I want white cabinets :o) It looks like a totally different kitchen. Love it!

Shawni said...

LOVE them! They look so great. I felt like I had a new kitchen too when we did ours. I'm glad it turned out so beautifully.
Love, Shawni