Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Overwhelmed!

Okay I have been so bad at posting lately! I feel like I am drowning! There are not enough hours in the day to get it all done. How does everyone do it? 

Conwey had knee surgery the day after Thanksgiving and it has thrown us completely off. 
We still haven't even had time to get our Christmas Tree!!!! Christmas is next week!!!

We (as in all of Conwey's family) decided that this year we were going to try something new and instead of exchanging gifts with each other we were going to donate to a charity. Then for the hours and hours we usually spend opening gifts we would go do something super fun, all together as a family on Christmas day. I personally find Christmas day to be a bit boring so I thought it would be fun to do a movie, or go ice skating...something like that. 
Well let me just tell you how nice it has been to not have that hanging over my head. The Casillas Family really go all out on gifts for each other. They are super thoughtful and usually there are about 3 gifts rolled into one.
I don't think I am alone in saying how nice it's been to not have to stress, shop, wrap all those gifts!
So with that said you would think that I would be in good shape for Christmas....ummm no not even close....still don't even know what I am getting for my kids! Ahhhhh.......
Also my camera's (all three) are not working right now so I haven't been able to take any pictures for any blog posts. It is on my list of things to do to take them in and get looked at.

I hope everyone is having a lovely December and taking time to enjoy the small things and the excitement on all the kids faces....because that is really what it is all about.  

3 comments:

ej said...

Hang in there Jess! You always amaze me at what all you manage to squish into your schedule so it must be just crazy right now. I hope Conway is feeling better soon and you get everything done that you need to and let the other stuff slide...

Paula said...

I don't think I am going to have time to blog until after Christmas either. I can't believe all that has been going on at your house. I hope Conwey is feeling better. Hang in there...you only need to get through 6 (really crazy) days and then you can breathe.

Love Notes said...

You can do it. Think of all those 15 practices you got your boys to in one night - I'm not sure how you accomplished that. You are amazing and Christmas will turn out perfectly.

Miss seeing you - was hoping I'd see you tonight at Audrey's, but I don't think I'm going to make it afterall - yeah, I'm a little overwhelmed myself and I only have two kids to account for. Hope we can get together after the holidays. xxoo tat